The lovely and talented Doppelganger over at 50 Books, is requesting that we honestly list the soundtrack that plays in my head. This is going to be humiliating, and also awesome.
- “Girlfriend” or whatever that new piece of shit Avril Lavigne song is. It gets in my head because I think of songs that I fucking hate and there it goes.
- “Lips of an Angel” – Hinder. See Number 1 re: Songs I Hate.
- “Call Me Al” – Paul Simon. This is my bounce in my chair song. I always feel happier when it’s playing.
- “Before He Cheats” – Carrie Underwood. Don’t love this song, don’t hate it. It’s on the radio a lot.
- “Never is Enough” – Barenaked Ladies. Huh, interesting. I thought, “What BNL song goes in?” and that was the very first thing to pop into my mind. I haven’t listened to that song in ages.
- “For You” – BNL. Now I’m going to be on a BNL roll for a minute.
- “Call and Answer” – BNL.
- “Demons” – Guster. That was the first Guster song to come to mind. Love it.
- “Manifest Destiny” – Guster. Again with the awesome.
- “Either Way” – Guster. Go buy some Guster. Now.
- “Winter” – Tori Amos. One of my top favorite songs by Tori or anyone else.
- “Time After Time” – Cyndi Lauper and Sarah McLachlan. If you haven’t heard this version yet, it kicks ass.
- “When You Come Back Down” – Nickel Creek. The mandolin rocks me out of my shoes.
- “Man of Constant Sorrow” – Foggy Bottom Boys. Well that’s random and also excellent.
- “Never Again” – Kelly Clarkson. I love her to a degree that embarrasses me.
What’s playing in your head? Leave a comment.