- The heat wave mostly broke! Hurray!
- It's the busiest week of the year for my office. Un-hurray.
- My dad has the cutest puppies on the planet (pictures forthcoming to verify this as true.) Huzzah!
- Charlie, the younger of the two, freaking got me up at a quarter to five this morning because, well, he was done sleeping. Boo.
- I get to see Jon in the next day or two! Joy!
- I haven't seen him in two weeks because he's got diverticulitis. Suck.
- ...I'm so tired I can't remember any more bullet points. Lame.
In other news, because I'm not completely useless, I did read a good book over the weekend. Lucky, by Alice Sebold. Sebold wrote one of my favorite books, The Lovely Bones, and one of the big things I admired in that was how poetic the language was in it, it was really quite beautiful. This book doesn't flow in the same way, but is definitely as good. Sebold gives an account of being raped at the end of her freshman year of college. Despite the seriously heavy subject matter, the book has a lot of fun bits, and it's amazing to read the way she handled herself during one of the most difficult things a person and her family and friends can go through. She actually seems to have a harder time processing a tragedy that happens later to a friend of hers. And a lot of it is being strong for others and defiance, but it works, and given that this is the way I deal with stuff, I really jived with it. If you haven't read it yet, I definitely recommend it.