1. What did you do in 2008 that you’d never done before?Hmmm… what did I do new this year? I stayed in a bed and breakfast, that was fun!
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year? I don’t recall making resolutions. I had been telling myself that I was going to give up regular soda for New Years, but I know I won’t stick to it. I’m going to set the bar very low and say I’ll exercise
at least 5 minutes 3-4 times a week. I’ll probably still fail. Whatever.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth? A bunch of people I knew in high school did. And the Twin will sometime soon, but probably in ’09, unless she goes into labor to spite me for writing this.
4. Did anyone close to you die?My grandma.
5. What countries did you visit? Here… here… here. Fuck, I need to get out more.
6. What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008? A shitload more money and a car that doesn’t break down every six fucking weeks.
7. What dates from 2008 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? Arbor Day. No, seriously, I have no idea. There will be things to remember, but not a specific day. Maybe January 20, because that’s when Grandma died.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year? Hmmm… I managed to take care of myself for another full year, which was nice. I’ve sustained a happy relationship, which is also good.
9. What was your biggest failure? Not keeping my apartment clean and not managing my money better.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?Nothing major. The biggest one was falling down in my apartment and skinning the piss out of my elbow. I’d forgotten how bad that shit hurts!
11. What was the best thing you bought? Tickets to see Flogging Molly with Jon.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration? Jon’s been awesome, despite his insane amounts of stress, and his mom is a lovely person. The Twin for surviving pregnancy! Obama’s, for being awesome, winning, and coming to Indiana a whole bunch. Oh, and Indiana went blue, so that’s pretty awesome!
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed? Sarah god-damn Palin, Stupid ass California’s Prop 8 bull-shit.
14. Where did most of your money go? Away. I wish I could figure it out better.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about? I get excited by stupid-ass things, because I’m essentially a six year-old off the ADD meds. But Liss being pregnant is pretty damned awesome, and Jon ponying up and saying he loved me was also a highlight.
16. What song will always remind you of 2008? I’m Yours, Jason Mraz. He’s bad-ass. And anything by Flogging Molly.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you: a) happier or sadder? b) thinner or fatter? c) richer or poorer? Probably happier, in all likelihood fatter, and almost definitely poorer. Oh well.
18. What do you wish you’d done more of? Cleaning, knitting.
19. What do you wish you’d done less of? Being completely and pointlessly idle.
20. How did you spend Christmas?At my sister’s, then with my dad, then at Benihana with Jon and his mom.
21. Did you fall in love in 2008? Yep, every day.
22. What was your favorite TV program? Countdown, The Daily Show and the Colbert Report. Also Pushing Daisies. (Stupid ABC) And 30 Rock and The Office. I watch too much TV. And Jon and Kate Plus 8.
23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year? You betcha! I didn't even know about Sarah Palin last year. (Sorry, Queen, your answer is too good to get rid of. And also true!)
24. What was the best book you read? The Poisonwood Bible. I also read a lot of good non-fiction, whose names all escape me now.
25. What was your greatest musical discovery? Flogging Molly and Ingrid Michealson.
26. What did you want and get? I got another visit to the Wild Animal Park. I think the is the first time I've returned to a place I had vacationed before.
27. What did you want and not get? A lot of money and for my car not to be dead.
28. What was your favorite film of this year? The Dark Knight was pretty awesome, as was Wall-E
29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? It rocked, actually, though I had to check my blog to verify it. I got roses from Jon, and the A&E Pride and Prejudice, which I’ve watched three times through, a giant poster to color (which I’m still working on!) and fun books, and had good meals with people I love. I turned 26.
30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? Having more money. Keeping the apartment clean.
31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2008? “Is this clean? Have I worn it to work this week?”
32. What kept you sane? The pets, Jon, cable and Zoloft. Also Julie, my counselor.
33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most? Barack Obama. Smart is hot.
34. What political issue stirred you the most? The election in general, and Prop 8.
35. Who did you miss? Mary, my grandma, grandpa and Aunt Ruth.
36. Who was the best new person you met? I think my co-worker Ned. I can’t think of other people I’ve met really.
37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2008. I honestly don’t know. I just try to show up every day and be myself as best I can and hope that works for people. My biggest thing I guess would be to express love whenever possible and not hold onto stuff too much.
38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year. “I been spending way too much time checking my tongue in the mirror/and bending over backwards just to try and see clearer.”