Thursday, June 25, 2009

random notes

Ed McMahon, Farrah Fawcett and now Michael effing Jackson? (Not to mention David Carradine less than a month ago, which I am still attributing to the five-point palm exploding heart technique.) Ok, Death, you can piss off now. Not that I am emotionally invested in any of these people, but MJ especially represents my childhood! Thriller still scares me and I'm 27! Too weird. Godspeed, dead people.

The heat. This is August weather. We haven't had pleasant summer yet. I have no air conditioning in my car. This weather can officially suck it.

Speaking of suck it, Don't ask, don't tell can go right ahead as well. If you're willing to get shot at defending our country, you should be allowed to stick it in whomever you want as long as you both consent and are old enough to do so. I'm deeply sick of bigotry. If you must have Don't Ask, make it for the straights too. Oh, they're not expected to be asexual because they like people with opposite genitals. It's bullshit.

And finally, I hope and pray for the people in Iran, that thet find justice and peace soon.

This is what you get when I don't blog for so long!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey Angie! Sorry to leave an unrelated comment on your blog, but I wasn't sure if you'd see it if I responded in my own comments. How exactly does it work when you grind the rice cereal? Do you just pour the flakes into a fine mesh strainer or something and rub it until it's more powdery?

Thanks!

Heather (from Dancing Brave)

Melissa said...

Blog some more! Make me laugh! I blogged! For the first time in almost a year!

Melissa said...

@ Heather

Don't know if you'll ever see this or if Ang already answered, but yes, that's what we do. We pour it into a mesh strainer and then use a rubber spatula to grind in and push it through the strainer. Works like a charm, although if you do put into a baby bottle, you'll probably have to use a slightly large nipple.